What If the Weather Changes on Your Charter Day?

08.10.26 12:00 PM - Comment(s) - By Aura D

cloudy weather on a yacht skyline in the background

You’ve been looking forward to your day on the water, and then the forecast starts showing rain. It’s completely understandable to have questions, especially when you’re planning a special occasion or bringing family and friends along.

The good news is that a cloudy forecast doesn’t necessarily mean your plans have to change. Miami weather can shift quickly, and we’re here to help you feel informed and comfortable about what happens next.


A Rainy Forecast Doesn’t Always Mean a Rainy Day

In Miami, showers can come and go, especially during the warmer months. A forecast that shows rain several days in advance may look very different by the time your charter arrives. That’s why it helps to keep an eye on the conditions without assuming the whole day will be affected.

If you have some flexibility, a morning departure may be worth considering. The water is often calmer earlier in the day, while sea breezes and the chance of afternoon storms can increase later on, particularly in summer. Every day is different, though, and your captain will assess the actual conditions for your trip.


Who Makes the Weather Decision?

Your captain makes the final decision about whether your charter can safely go ahead. You don’t need to make that judgment yourself. If the weather creates a problem for your scheduled trip, our team will help explain the next steps.

If your captain determines that weather or navigation conditions make it unsafe to depart, we'll be happy to help you reschedule your charter within the following seven days, subject to availability. Our team will make every reasonable effort to find a date and time that works best for you. Light or intermittent rain alone doesn't necessarily mean your charter needs to be canceled.


What If You’d Feel Better Choosing Another Day?

We understand that sometimes you’d simply feel more comfortable going out on a different day, even when the trip is still scheduled to proceed. Please reach out to us. We’re happy to talk through your options and help you understand what applies to your booking.

If your plans change and you decide to cancel, our regular cancellation policy will apply. Cancellations made at least five days (120 hours) before departure qualify for a full refund. If you cancel between 48 hours and less than five days before departure, you'll receive a 50% refund.
For cancellations made less than 48 hours before departure, only the reservation deposit is retained. Any additional amount you've already paid will be refunded. The reservation deposit is $300 for 42- and 45-foot yachts and $500 for 50-, 55-, and 60-foot yachts.
We always recommend reaching out as early as possible so we can help you understand your options.

You can always review our full cancellation policy or contact us if you have questions about your particular date.


A Little Preparation Goes a Long Way

If you’re planning your first charter, our guide to what to expect on your first yacht charter can help you feel ready for the day. And if you’re wondering about waves or motion on the water, we also have a guide to seasickness on a Miami yacht charter.


Frequently Asked Questions


Does rain in the forecast mean my charter will be canceled?

Not necessarily! Miami weather can change quickly, and a little rain doesn't always mean your plans need to change. Light or intermittent rain alone isn't considered a reason to cancel a charter. Your captain will carefully assess the conditions and make the final decision based on everyone's safety.


What happens if the captain decides the charter cannot go ahead?

If your captain determines that the weather or navigation conditions are unsafe, we'll help you reschedule your charter within the following seven days, subject to availability. We'll do our best to find a convenient new date and time so you can still enjoy your experience on the water.


What if I prefer not to sail even though the captain approves the trip?

We completely understand that you may feel more comfortable choosing another day. You're always welcome to contact us to discuss your concerns. If the captain determines that conditions are safe for departure, guest-requested cancellations follow our standard cancellation policy. Please keep in mind that reservation deposits are tied to the original booking and cannot be transferred to another charter or another customer.

We’re Here If You Have Questions

We want you to look forward to your time on the water, not spend the days beforehand worrying about the forecast. If you have questions about the weather or your booking, call or text us at (786) 575-5200. We’re always happy to help you plan with more confidence.

Still exploring your options? Take a look at our Miami yacht fleet and find the experience that feels right for your group.

Aura D

Share -